Thursday, September 10, 2009

For the first time in seven years, Amy and I went skiing for the day without the ankle-biters tagging along. I took Amy on a little tour and showed her some of the views over the back. It was the first time she had been all the way to the top of the ridge. The mountains around the top of the south are stunning...


The direction that Amy is pointing is mainly unspoiled national parks that cover the top of the south island...


It was a magnificent day full of blue sky, fresh snow and smiles...


but strangely enough, we missed the kids and thought of how much fun they would be having if they were with us.
Isn't life peculiar.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Those are great Pic! I am so Jonesing to ski!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you had a well deserved rest without the kids, but yes, of course you'll miss them. That's what makes them so special.
I miss them too, love Mum

Anonymous said...

It's sooo great to get away without the kids and do 'grown-up' things sometimes. You guys look like you had a fantastic time and I hope many more opportunities come your way to do those sorts of things.

I am trying to get away tomorrow night to a film festival and don't want to have to pay the £50 it will cost me before I've even left the house! Sucks...wish I could just take the kids with me.

If only there were a grandma somewhere nearby......

FlatironsFever said...

Well that looks fantastic! All your pictures are drawing us to NZ. Wait, we're actually going to go to NZ! See you in a month, Oliver!

RL

The Webers said...

I'm glad to see the pictures are working.
Cheers,
Oliver