Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Golden Bay

We took the caravan down to Golden Bay the weekend before last. I've been meaning to post some pictures, but haven't caught up yet. All in all, it was an awesome weekend away.

This was the view just over the Takaka hill descending into Golden Bay...



We went on a great bush walk after a relaxing meal at the Naked Possum.



Here are a few things that caught my eye on our bush walk...




We camped at a quiet holiday park on the beach. Here's a scene from our beach...


This is looking the other direction toward the farewell spit...


The weather was beautiful on Friday and Saturday and cloudy on Sunday. It made for good pictures.

The kids had a ball on the beach. We camped next to another family with two kids almost the same age as Beck and Quinne. They were visiting from Denmark. They stayed at our place for a few days on their way back. I used them in a photo shoot where I needed a couple in a hot tub. Here's their family in the hot tub...


I'll leave you with a view from the most northern point of the south island...



E haere rā from the top of the south

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat to follow your weekend away. Wonderful pictures as usual and I just can't wait until I see you all again. Tons of love, Mum

Anonymous said...

God it is beautiful down there! One of these days I'll have to go and see it myself.
Been teaching my 14 year old boy how to ski. He is doing very well and on the black runs on his third time.
TTFN,
Tim

The Webers said...

Thanks for your comments. We're back online and will post more soon, but this weekend is chock full.
All the best,
Oliver